Addictions North East offers a range of residential therapeutic services for people with a range of issues such as:
- Unmanageability / chaotic lifestyles
- Learning disabilities
- Mental Health issues
- Personality Disorders
- Pathological dependence
- Domestic violence
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Attention Deficit Disorders (ADHD and ADD)
This therapy is aimed allowing people to live and cope with these conditions daily. We can help you to co-exist with them and improve your day to day life.
Please note – we do not offer medication for these conditions. Your primary medical provider is best placed to provide medicines.
How is the Therapeutic Programme Structured?
Our meetings are held every day from Monday to Friday inclusive incorporating:
- Breakfast Club
- Lunch Club
- Self Help and Peer Support meetings
- Physical Activities
- Leisure Pursuits
- Gender Specific Meetings
- Family member and Carers’ support sessions
- Relapse prevention therapy group
- Life and Social Skills
- One to One follow up sessions with key worker / specialist staff member
Our meetings are promoted according to the individual needs of our client group members. There is no compulsion to attend all meetings, but everyone is encouraged to participate in those sessions.
Our Generalist sessions are sub divided into Primary and Secondary meetings – i.e., dependent on the level of need.
Please see a typical programme schedule (subject to change)
Who facilitates our therapeutic sessions?
Our daily sessions are facilitated by experienced multi-disciplinary staff members, many of whom are in recovery from mental health and pathological dependence issues themselves. We promote the active development of peer mentors, and we seek where ever possible to employ colleagues who have experienced mental health and addiction issues themselves.
Who can attend our therapeutic sessions?
- Our supported housing residents
- Our outreach clients from the local community
- Those who perceive a need to address their unmanageability issues
- Referrals from other organisations
Is the service Free at the point of Service?
All our supported housing services can access all therapy groups free of charge.
Some charges may be levied on a discretionary basis for people from other organisations / means tested basis (i.e., people on higher incomes)
Our Training Materials
We use a variety of training methods which are based on abstinence well being which is a cornerstone to our service delivery. Our therapeutic support is based on humanistic / person centred approach. We offer several courses that have been accredited by the Open College Network developed by Addictions UK for which we are licenced to deliver on their behalf. We use a variety of sources for our life and social skills programmes
We deliver sessions in the following ways:
- On Line via Video conferencing such as Zooms or equivalent services
- At our main training Centre in Seaham, County Durham
- Venues managed by other therapy providers by arrangement
How can you access our residential therapy service?
Please contact our admissions department:
- 0800 1 40 4044
- e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We will then send you an application pack for completion. We would ask referring agencies to share this information with their clients.
On return of the pack, we will conduct a face-to-face meeting or where appropriate remotely. Ideally, we would prefer to allow potential clients to meet staff members and view our residential properties / training facilities.