Shopping Addiction is defined as the lack of impulse control which is apparent in the eagerness for continually purchasing unnecessary or superfluous things.
It is a condition like compulsive buying disorder or oniomania, although these terms usually have a more clinical implication, related to a psychological state of impulse control.
Of course, going on an occasional shopping spree does not mean you are a shopping addict.
What are the Signs of Shopping Addiction?
- Spending more than you can afford
- Shopping as a response to feeling angry or depressed.
- Shopping to feel less guilty about a previous shopping spree
- Harming relationships due to spending or shopping too much
- Losing control over the shopping behaviour